PRESENT, PERFORM FOR ATHE’S 2013 SENIOR THEATRE PROGRAM
Extended Deadline: October 22, 2012
The Senior Theatre sessions at this year’s conference were excellent. Now we are planning for next year and hope that you’ll contribute your expertise to our program. Join us!
Send in your ideas for Senior Theatre sessions at the 2013 conference in Orlando, Florida It will be held in the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress from August 1-4, 2013.
We are looking for panel presentations, workshops, papers, and performances exploring topics like:
- Using theatre to advocate for senior issues and needs
- Sharing life stories for legacy and education
- Street Theatre for and with seniors
- Senior Theatre in retirement housing
- Senior Theatre for health, wellness
- Funding Senior Theatre
- New ideas in Senior Theatre
- Intergenerational Theatre
- Performances by Senior Theatre companies
Let us know your ideas!
Please fill in and e-mail back the ATHE 2013 Presenter Sign-Up Form in a pdf format or ATHE 2013 Presenter Sign-Up Form as a Word document with:
- Contact information: name, address, phone, email
- Professional affiliation
- Presentation title
- A description of the content of your presentation
- Would your presentation work as a panel, workshop, or performance?
- Your technical requirements/AV. One item is free to us; ATHE pays the fee. For more than one, you’ll need to submit payment by May 1, 2013. Please only request pieces you’ll use.
- Room set up.
- Length of presentation. Can it be trimmed/expanded to fit with other presenters?
In the past, we’ve had many questions about funding, guest passes, technical equipment, and other similar topics. So, here’s the small print:
There are a few grants, funding requests, and guest registrations available but they must be requested with your proposal. Guest passes are usually for the day or for the session when you are participating. None are given to ATHE members.
For performances, there is no technical equipment. Shows are performed in conference rooms, not in equipped theatre spaces.
You will not have the space prior to the session so set-up and take-down of props, etc. must be quick and within the session period.
All presenters must register for the conference and also pay the registration fee. If they have been given a guest pass, they must still register.
We will receive a confirmation about our sessions around February 15. We’ll learn about grants and guest passes in March. We will inform presenters as soon as we know.
Click here to see highlights of the 2012 ATHE Conference in Washington, D.C.
Click here for photos of the 2011 ATHE Conference in Chicago, IL
Deadline: October 22, 2012
For more information about the Senior Theatre Research & Performance Focus Group contact:
Conference Planner, Bonnie L. Vorenberg, at email@example.com or call 503-246-3000.
Focus Group Rep, Barbara Parisi,at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-613-9740.
For more information about the convention, visit http://www.athe.org/
Send in your ideas, share the Senior Theatre passion!