Royalty is a fee that pays the playwright for their creativity and hard work. We have both royalty and non-royalty pieces.
Royalty is payable:
- When a royalty-based show is presented in front of an audience. If there is group of people, of any number, who watch a show it’s defined as an “audience.”
- Whether it is performed by actors who memorize or by ones who do readers theatre
- Regardless of the size of the audience
- Whether or not an admission fee is charged
- If the show is sponsored or housed in a for-profit or non-profit organization
- If the group only caters to older adults.
Rates: Our affordable royalties are listed on the website. Go to the website page that lists the book or play. You’ll see the cover on the left. In the grey box on the right, use the pull down menu to find the rates. Cast copy rates are also in the grey box, in the pull down menu.
Royalties are payable two weeks prior to the performance. Click here for the Performance Checklist and Royalty Info sheet. Royalties can be paid online or by check, credit card, PayPal, Invoice, or Money Order.
Insert in your programs:
- “This production was made possible by the ArtAge Senior Theatre Resource Center, www.seniortheatre.com, 800-858-4998.”
Warning: Performances that take place without a royalty payment violates Federal Copyright Law and are subject to penalties. The ArtAge penalty for non-payment of royalties is double the royalty amount plus $300.
Feel free to contact us with questions. Call 503-246-3000, toll free at 800-858-4998 or contact us by email.
Thank you for appreciating our playwrights!