Top 10 Directing Tips for Senior Theatre
- Always do warm-ups before each rehearsal and before all performances.
- Give direction from a positive point of view.
- Challenge, stimulate and don’t make it to hard. Make it art!
- Find great material that fits the cast. Build a library.
- Embellish the show with props, costumes and scenery pieces.
- Use Readers Theatre and Script-In-Hand if the cast can’t memorize. Memorize if possible.
- Do more than one form of Senior Theatre.
- Give a lot of hugs and personal care in an atmosphere of creativity.
- The director chooses the show. There is only one director, sit in the house to feel what your audience feels.
- HAVE FUN!