American Association of Community Theatre
Come to the Source
AACT is THE place for resources and support you need to create the best theatre possible for your community.
Join the Network for all Things Theatre
If community-based theatre is important to you, so is your membership in the American Association of Community Theatre. We are dedicated to helping you present high quality, live theatre for your community.
Find Support in Many Ways
- Connect to a national support system. Share ideas, experiences, successes, and problems with community theatre people nationwide.
- Insure your assets. AACT’s insurance program (provided by USI) can provide your group with high-quality, low-cost coverage–including property and general liability, volunteer accident, and directors and officers liability.
- Maximize your resources. Save through networking, online and in-person, and AACT-member resources. Receive discounts from theatrical suppliers, a subscription to Stage Directions magazine, and discount tickets from participating theatres.
- Expand your skills through conferences & workshops in theatre management, conducting educational programs, play production, and more.
- Online, anytime. On AACT’s website, we provide resources in all areas of theatre–including a members-only area with how-to articles, email from discussion group, and date about member company budgets, box office, facilities, boards, staff, and productions.
- Celebrate theatre. State and regional festivals culminate in a national festival (AACTFest) in which theatres from AACT’s 10 regions perform before a panel of adjudicators, leading to awards of excellence and invitations to perform at festivals around the world.
- Discover what works (and what doesn’t). Tap into AACT’s Resource Roster–members who share their expertise on a host of topics.
- Read all about it. Bimonthly Spotlight magazine, Boards In the Spotlight (building a better Board of Directors), AACTFest Handbook, and more.
- Special introductory rates for first-time members.
Cast of Tacoma Musical Playhouse’s The Addams Family, winner of the Outstanding Production Award at AACTFest 2017 National Festival in Rochester, Minnesota.
Photo by Stephen Bird